1) Is Your Product Affected? - All products with a best by date before 10/31/24 are included in the recall.
2) Stop Feeding & Dispose - Throw it away in a secure container where other animals, including wildlife, cannot access it. Do not donate the food. If you no longer have the bag or can’t read the number, throw it away.
3) Clean & Disinfect - All pet supplies, including all storage containers, bowls, utensils, food prep surfaces, pet bedding, litter boxes, toys, floors, and any other surfaces that the food or pet may have had contact with.
4) Watch for Symptoms - Salmonella can make both people and pets sick. People can develop diarrhea, fever, and abdominal cramps. Signs in animals can include vomiting, diarrhea (which may be bloody), fever, loss of appetite and/or decreased activity level.
5) Find New Pet Food - We have increased and expanded our stock of pet food. Stop by the store and we can help you find an alternative.
All Victor Dog & Cat Food has been recalled for being linked to cases of Salmonella. We are accepting returns for products purchased at the store. Just bring in your unopened or partially used product, we will dispose of it and give you recommendations for an alternative pet food.